14 January 2013

phase 3 : orange juice

I slept in today but awoke feeling energized and motivated.  Today is orange juice day!  I have purchased two bags of organic "juice oranges".  I am supposed to drink 2 liters of orange juice today in order to sustain myself.  Since I have the last 2 1/2 hours of the yoga workshop today, I will be adding some 100% pure maple syrup to my breakfast batch in order to get some extra calories.


I bought my oranges fresh the day before orange-juice-day.  I didn't refrigerate them to keep the enzymes thriving inside.  Before cutting each one in half to juice, I roll it on the counter to loosen the juice and enzymes from the rind.

One orange made about 50 ml of juice... this is going to take a lot of oranges!


So it took me the whole bag of 14 oranges to make 500 ml of orange juice.  Now I'm adding 2-3 tbl 100% Pure Grade B Maple Syrup for my calories before my class.  It is sooooo gooood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment