19 January 2013

day 5 : the 1/2 way point

Yesterday (Day 4) I awoke feeling alert a bit before I needed to get ready for work and felt like cleaning.  Me?  Cleaning?  In the morning?  I even made my bed.  That literally hasn't happened in months.  I proceeded to work, where the restaurant had the busiest Thursday I've seen yet to date.  We persevered, had some fun, and made some money while the sun majestically shown through the front windows.  Afterward, I attended a "Detox Happy Hour" yoga class at Yo Yo Yogi and I felt surprisingly strong, flexible and able to really gettttt---innnntooooo---- it.  Great class.

That night my grandmother came over for dinner, so of course I had to explain to her in some simplicity of why I wasn't eating the extravagant salmon dinner my mother had prepared.  She found my explanation of the Master Cleanse rather repulsive, but she still loves me.

Today is Day 5!  The end of today, I am 1/2 way done.  This morning, I went and bought 2nd giant bottle of Syrup and a couple more packages of limes to see me through to the end.  I've also began to buy food I want to eat when this is all over like raw ginger snap cookies!  But I'm trying to control myself there as well.  I actually feel like this cleanse will not end and just "all be over".  It will stick with me for sometime.  Doing something for 10 days, for me, is long enough to become apart of me in someway, for sometime after the happening.  In this case, I feel it is the true me is surfacing and there's no smacking it down too quickly. 

When I'm here, I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment