16 January 2013

day 2 : so many lemons

Yesterday, the first day, was not too hard!  Except when my chef/owner at the restaurant I work at, Verde Cocina, made me dinner!  A local Cotiga Cheese Quessadilla with lots of delicious grilled vegies, eek!  I just didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't actually eating food for the time being.  I thanked him enthusiastically and snuck it into a to-go box for some lucky family member at home... and downed a tasty lemonade to compensate.



I don't feel physically hungry, but I do want to eat just for the pleasure of eating.  The smells and sights of deliciously healthy foods do make my mouth water and I can almost pretend I'm eating them just to put the craving at bay.  Today, I found myself swooning over my two favorite food blogs, HalfBakedHarvest.com by my friend Tieghan in Colorado, and TangaMango.com by my friend Sue here in Portland.  Oh my, the things I will cook when this is all over.  But for the time being, I feel just fine, and this all just seems to be a big test of patience.

Since yesterday was Day 1, it was also Night 1 to take the herbal laxatives (I'm using Swiss Kriss).  They recommend starting with 4 and adjusting from there.  This is to help loosen the matter from your digestive walls during your sleep so that when you do the salt water flush in the morning, there is loose matter to literally flush out.  However, I was up after sleeping for only a few hours and then a few more time throughout the night running to the bathroom.

I think I'll try just 2 tablets tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment