14 November 2011

virgin coconut oil

I've heard natural health experts claim that true virgin, cold pressed coconut oil is one of the best things for your skin and hair.  Nature's finest emollient, it is soothing to dry and sun burnt skin, acts as an antibacterial, hydrates hair, stylizes facial hair (like the curly-cue mustache my old roomy Brando uses it for) and message oil (even safe for internal use).

I have also heard that it is very hard to get TRUE virgin cold pressed coconut oil in the U.S. and that there are limited suppliers of the real thing that ship it across the globe from Southeast Asia.  Well, now I'm in Thailand and I keep seeing it everywhere!

My latest find . . .
Smile Way Coconut Oil- made in Thailand


It comes in a glass bottle (which I always prefer over plastic because it can be recycled infinitely) and it only cost 100 THB, which is about $3.00.

If you know how to tell if it is ligit or not, post to inform the rest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment