16 January 2013

ancient yogi salt water cleanse

Today, is my first day of the actual cleanse!  I am starting my day with the salt water flush to see how it goes.  This part of the cleanse is optional but can be practiced every morning.  If successfully completed, it literally washes out your digestive system.  The salt is not digestible, therefore it just passes through the system without stopping for any reason.  This is why drinking ocean water while stranded on a ship will actually make you more dehydrated!  Now we know.

livingsutra.com
*The salt water flush was a tactic used by ancient yogis to clear out their systems, and is still used today.  Another way they cleared their digestive tracts was by swallowing a long piece of fabric and allowing it to pass through the system.  The salt water cleanse sounds much easier when compared to the long piece of fabric...

1) Start with a quart (32oz) warm water and 2 tsp of the fine ground unprocessed sea salt.
2) This must be done on an empty stomach!
3) Make sure you used non-iodized salt (so not table salt) or it won't work

Chug it!  I stood in the mirror and watched the water level going down in my glass bottle to motivate me to keep going.  I got successfully half way through and took a break for 10 minutes before going back to finish.  This was due to fear of throwing it all up.  I did experience some salty burps.  The tummy will rumble and you will have 3-7 bowel movements of the solution plus solid matter that has been stuck in your system for years or even decades!  Holy wow.  For me, it took about 30 minutes to get these going.

No comments:

Post a Comment